Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Moistest Chocolate Cake Ever

First off, I'm not sure how I feel about using the word moist. Some people can't stand the word so if that's you, I'm sorry, but there really is no other way to describe this cake.

Since this pin has been haunting me forever on Pintrest, I figured it was about time I make it. Truth is, I'm not much of a chocolate cake person (I prefer vanilla), but the husband loves it and people at work will eat just about anything, so one way or another this cake was getting eaten.

The directions on the original pin weren't that clear so hopefully this well help those of you who are like me and needed a little more clarification.

What You'll Need:
-1 box chocolate cake mix
-1 container of frosting
-1 cup sour cream
-1 4oz box of chocolate instant pudding(it's 3.9 oz to be exact)
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-4 eggs

Begin by placing the dry cake mix, dry pudding mix (this is part I was confused about: do not make the pudding, use the dry powder), sour cream, vegetable oil, water, and eggs in large bowl.

Mix thoroughly.

Place 1/2 of the mixture into a well greased round pan. You could also bake this in a 9x13 but I wanted a double layer cake. This batter is also not as runny as normal cake mix so it's a little more difficult to spread out.

Bake at 350 degrees for 27-30 minutes. Mine took exactly 27 minutes, but if you are making 1 larger cake, it may require more time.

Let the cakes cool for a few minutes and then transfer onto a wire rack to finish cooling.

Once the cakes are cooled, frost those bad boys and serve.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment